Individuals who are interested in serving as a director of the CQHA need to be nominated by a member of the CQHA and apply to the Nomination and Credentials Committee (NCC) by filling out the nomination/application form on the CQHA website.
The NCC is comprised of the immediate Past-President as chair(if still very involved with the CQHA), the current President and a minimum of one other director appointed by the BOD.
The general purpose of the NCC on behalf of the CQHA is to:
1. Present a slate of qualified candidates for the election that numbers at a minimum equal to the number of vacant positions on the board
2. Ensure there is a rigorous nomination system
3. Ensure there is an election every year
4. Recruit qualified individuals to stand for election
5. Recruit qualified individual(s) from any region in Canada that is not currently represented on the board of directors
6. Serve as scrutineers of the election
Qualifying Criteria to be eligible to become a director, an individual must:
o Be nominated by a member of the CQHA
o Complete the application form and consent to be a nominee, a candidate, and if elected, a director
o Be member in good standing of the CQHA
o Be eligible to be an AQHA member and acquire said memberships, if not already a member
o Meet the membership eligibility criteria and sign a memorandum of understanding with the CQHA.
o Provide to the voting membership a brief biography including skills and experience, prior industry involvement, and motivation for seeking election (reference CQHA Directors Application Form).