Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs – Equine Hardship Program
The Government of Ontario is providing conditional financial support to equine experience-based businesses, like riding lessons, summer riding camps, carriage rides, equine-based therapy and trail rides, that are facing financial hardship due to COVID-19 related business losses. The Equine Hardship Program will provide funding to eligible businesses that have experienced a significant decrease in business revenue and have continued to incur certain animal maintenance costs that they regularly rely on to operate.
- To be eligible under this program, businesses must confirm the following on the enrolment form:
- The business earned at least 50 per cent of its gross business revenue by providing equine-based experiences* (e.g., riding lessons, summer riding camps, carriage rides, equine-based therapy and trail rides) in 2019.
- The gross business revenue earned from the equine-based experiences in 2020 was less than half of what the business earned in 2019.
- The business’ Canada Revenue Agency Business Number, if applicable.
- The business is registered in Transfer Payment Ontario (TPON) – see enrolment form; and that the registration is up to date.
- The business is registered to receive direct deposit payments through Supply Chain Ontario – see enrolment form; and that the registration is up to date.
- The business must agree to provide further documentation to support expenses, income and financial statements upon OMAFRA’s request.
- The business must be in compliance with all Requirements of Law and agree to remain in compliance with all Requirements of Law if receiving financial support under this program.
*(Includes horses, ponies, mules, donkeys)
Note: The Ministry reserves the right to inspect/verify information in the enrolment and claim forms including but not limited to site visits and requests for financial and tax documentation.