Decembr 3, 2021 - Amarillo, TX
Each year, the American Quarter Horse Association Executive Committee reviews and approves rule changes from the AQHA Show Committee, which are approved by the AQHA membership and AQHA Board of Directors at the annual AQHA Convention.Committee recommendations are reviewed for feasibility based on a variety of criteria, including but not limited to available resources, budget constraints and necessary computer programming. Careful consideration, discussion and debate are devoted to each item at the time of approval. AQHA is excited to implement these member-driven rule changes, which were voted on at past AQHA conventions and had been on hold for computer programming. The Association has made great strides this year to complete the necessary programming to implement these rule changes that enhance programs and events for our members around the world. All rules are effective January 1, 2022.
- Ranch riding has moved from achievement Category 2 to achievement Category 5. Read more about achievement categories.
- Horses entered in performance halter without a Performance ROM or Racing ROM must also show in a performance class at the same show. Read more information.
- Horses entered in Versatility Ranch Horse conformation must also show in two VRH performance classes at the same show in the same division.
- Exhibitors competing at 2022 AQHA events may not cross-enter their horse in the following classes:
- AQHA reining and Versatility Ranch Horse reining
- AQHA trail and either AQHA ranch trail or Versatility Ranch Horse trail
- AQHA western pleasure and Versatility Ranch Horse ranch riding
- Versatility Ranch Horse amateur and youth classes and the corresponding Limited or Rookie Versatility Ranch Horse amateur and youth classes
- Walk/trot or walk/jog classes and the corresponding lope/canter classes by exhibitor