CQHA, a non-profit organization, provides financial support to events having the potential to encourage the expansion of the AQHA/CQHA membership, the marketing of the American Quarter Horse, the understanding and protection of the breed, as well as the discovery of the American Quarter Horse's many talents.
A vast number of activities can achieve the objectives. The Budget Committee examines application with a view to allocating available funds to activies that will achieve and support the objectives.
Click here to download the 2017-18 Guidelines and Application form (PDF file)
Events, activities, organizations or persons currently ineligible for support include:
- Individuals or individual pursuits (exhibitors, clinicians, trainers, breeders, etc.)
CONDITIONS FOR RECEIVING CQHA FUNDING GRANTS:
1. Affiliate fund requests must be submitted by March 31, each year. Affiliates may apply for one or more event(s)/project(s) which meet the criteria, but in no case will an affiliate be granted more than the maximum of $2,250.00 for event(s)/projects(s). Affiliates can additionally apply for the FEI/CRI funds and/or the Versatility Ranch Horse competitions and/or AQHA Special Event funds.
2. Funding proposals must be submitted in electronic format (MS Word document and/or PDF files of forms are available on the CQHA website) to the current CQHA Grant Chairperson. Approved proposals will be confirmed by CQHA.
3. Affiliates approved for grants through the CQHA must agree to recognize the CQHA’s contribution to the success of their activities or programs by placing the CQHA in a prominent position on their website(s) and publication(s), both prior to and following the activity or program. This includes a link to CQHA’s website and the CQHA will promote all affiliate coming events, activities or programs on its website, if provided by the affiliate, and CQHA will post digital photos taken during events, if provided by the affiliate.
4. Affiliates who request funding should identify the anticipated outcomes, and indicate how they may be inter-related to CQHA’s own outcomes, as stated in the “Guidelines” (page 1) of this document. The current fiscal year application form is linked above. All projects applied for may be accumulated on the one application form.
5. Affiliates must also submit one financial post-event report to complete their claim for reimbursement. This claim for reimbursement should include receipts of expenditures for all grant period events/projects applied for by the Affiliate. This reimbursment request must be submitted by September 15, 2018.
6. Post-event financial reimbursement claims, up to a maximum of $2,250 per AQHA Affiliate, may included any of the following:
- Actual costs for participating in equine trade show booths (e.g. display booth rental space, curtain rentals, display tables, booth staff event passes)
- Actual costs for hosting AQHA trail rides (e.g. facilities rentals, AQHA event approval fees, display booth rental space)
- Actual costs for hosting AQHA Shows which offer “non-approved” entry-level classes to encourage new competitors (e.g. facilities rentals, judges fees, AQHA show approval fees)
- Actual costs for medication control/equine drug testing programs
- In the case of racing affiliates, actual costs for hosting “A Day at the Races” (e.g. facilities rentals, entertainment, food/refreshments, etc.,) or other pre-approved projects or events, such as AQHA Regional Championship Show
- In the case of Reining/FEI/CRI events, VRH and/or AQHA Special Events (e.g. facility rentals, judges fees, event approval fees
Financial support: CQHA can and does supply financial support to some events meeting the above criteria. However, given the large number of requests we receive annually, even those initiatives that meet the above criteria may be declined because of financial constraints. Click here to download the guidelines and application form (PDF file)
Submit funding applications for 2017-18 CQHA Grants by March 31, 2018 to:
Gayle Pawley-Wilson, CQHA Grants Committee Chair