The Canadian Quarter Horse Association (CQHA) is a national affiliate of the American Quarter Horse Association.
The CQHA Affiliate’s general purposes shall be:
- the promotion and welfare of the American Quarter Horse;
- to provide beneficial services for its members which enhance and encourage American Quarter Horse ownership and participation with AQHA and the CQHA Affiliate;
- to generate growth of AQHA and the CQHA Affiliate membership via the marketing, promotion, advertising and publicity of the American Quarter Horse;
- to educate horse owners and the public regarding the benefits of registering eligible American Quarter Horses with AQHA;
- to address the concerns of American Quarter Horse owners in Canada and communicate such concerns to AQHA and, if applicable and appropriate, the Canadian government;
- promote, both internationally and within Canada, Canadian-bred and/or Canadian-owned American Quarter Horses; and
- to expand awareness of American Quarter Horses worldwide and to comply with and develop rules and procedures to assist the International Affiliates of AQHA in this endeavour.
In keeping with this mandate, the CQHA joined Equestrian Canada under Catagory C (National Equine Affiliate Organizations), which permits participation and a voice in the affairs of Canada’s only national equine body recognized by the federal government, to deal with issues and legislation affecting horse ownership.
The Canadian Quarter Horse Association
is the largest equine breed association in Canada. CQHA also represents
the largest number of registered horses affiliated with the national
equine body, Equestrian Canada. Click here for Quarter Horse population and membership statistics. Affiliate membership benefits include the right to participate in and vote on the affairs of the organization.
To obtain information on additional Equestrian Canada membership benefits,
please visit their web site at: www.equestrian.ca